Chandi Devi and J. Ram Sivananda
Chandi Devi is a tantra practitioner, teacher and author, having been in her lifetime, a professional sculptor, artist and dancer. As a dedicated disciple of Swami Muktananda, Swami Chidvilasananda and Osho for over twenty years, she experienced the intense challenge of facing her inner demons, (meditators can probably relate!)
as well as many mystical experiences; both of these a result of the passionate undertaking of her spiritual path.
After completing a teachers’ training in Tantra Kriya Yoga, together with life partner, J. Ram Sivananda,(aka John Henry) they created two online businesses: www.theworldoftantra.com and www.eastwestsensualemporium.com, which includes videos, books, art, apparel, and a vast array of Ayurvedic,health and beauty products. Their new book, “From Om to Orgasm: The Tantra Primer for Living in Bliss” will be released before the end of this year.
J. Ram Sivananda has an extensive background in psychology, martial arts, ancient philosophies and other traditions. With a lifelong interest in Eastern spirituality, he experienced a breakthrough in his spiritual practice about 30 years ago after a near death experience. Sivananda has successfully managed to weave together the tantric traditions of Taoism, Hinduism, Buddhism, and Shamanism, while developing and inventing advanced computer technology systems. Working as a scientist and engineer for many years, he trusts and believes in the metaphysical world, which is much more elusive, but no less true and real.
He explains, “The Universe contains physical energy (physics), phenomenological reality, but there exists an equally powerful and concrete metaphysical reality. The practice of tantra yoga allows the aspirant to tap into this metaphysical reality alone or with a partner.”
We live in California and on a 52′ ketch, Van De Stadt sailboat, the Lincoln, when in Florida. It is our private "cave", where we do sadhana on the water.
It is my duty to lift you up to the infinite heights of bliss and yours to take me down to the depths of your senses…. bringing together these extremes opens the doors out of this mortal dimension and stops time in order to feel the Infinite grace of the Universe……
— J. Ram Sivananda to Chandi Devi
* By Alistair Thomson: Odyssey Has Grim Message for Earth August 02, 2007
* Federal Reserve Corporation 1 Music Around the World Author: Chandi Devi The Language of the Soul
* Tibetan Bells Music Review by James Bean 1 Arts, Crafts and Culture Author: Chandi Devi The traditions of art, culture, dance, cinema and aesthetics around the world
* By Nitin Kumar–Mother Goddess as Kali 1 Martial Arts, Fitness and Sports Author: Chandi Devi Self defense systems, physical fitness and athletics for the body and soul
* By Duane Walden–How to Integrate Self-Perfection Using Self-Preservation–
(A Jeet Kune Do Perspective)
1 Meditation and Yoga Author: Chandi Devi Experience inner peace, joy and better health though meditation, disciplines and mindfulness.
* By SADGURUDEV PARAMESWARANJI –Diksha
1 Natural Health and Well-Being Author: Chandi Devi Healing of Body,Mind and Spirit through alternative medicine, ayurveda, Chinese medicine, acupuncture, food, herbs, nutrition, essences, reiki
* By Reginah Perlmutter–The Magical Healing Power of Flower Essences
1 Tantra, Love and Relationships Author: Chandi Devi Tantra–the union of spirituality and sexuality for more love, Intimacy and improved relationships
* By David the Lionheart–Sexual Healing